When it comes to leading an organization or a team, you need to be relevant. Thomas Barta, former McKinsey partner and senior marketer chats with Kevin about his recent book, The 12 Powers of a Marketing Leader. Thomas and his co-author, Patrick Barwise, conducted the largest ever global study of marketing leadership to answer the question: what makes an effective and successful marketing leader? This discussion and lessons learned can be applied regardless of your role in an organization.
In this episode, Kevin and Thomas discuss:
- The Power Gap.
- Results of the research on over 1,200 marketing leaders and more than 67,000 existing 360-degree assessments of both marketing and non-marketing business leaders.
- The Value Creation Zone
Ask yourself: How can you influence upwards or sideways?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations: Comedy Writing Secrets: The Best-Selling Guide to Writing Funny and Getting Paid for It by Mark Shatz and Mel Helitzer.
- Learn more about the Thomas Barta.
- Learn more about Marketing Leader
- Get our free report: The Secrets of Becoming a Remarkable Leader
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on iTunes. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.