You may know that our new book, The Long-Distance Teammate: Stay Engaged and Connected While Working Anywhere, is coming out soon. Specifically, the book will be released on January 19. But there is a way you can get a copy today for free… if you are willing to help us and have some fun doing it.
When people find out I’ve written a book, they often ask me about the writing process. It is understandable that people would wonder about that, and before you can successfully sell a book, you do need to write a good book. But the writing isn’t really the hardest part. Once you’ve written the book, you need to get it into the hands of people so they will benefit. As we approach the launch of The Long-Distance Teammate, we are doing many things to promote and market the book and let people know how it can help them succeed.
One of the best ways for a book, or anything, to gain traction in the marketplace is by word-of-mouth referrals and recommendations. And that is where you come in.
The Long-Distance Teammate Street Team
We’ve created a way for people who care about helping remote workers and leaders (like themselves) have greater success by finding and choosing to buy this new book. We are looking for those people to join us as a part of our “Street Team” to help promote the book in the weeks leading up to the launch.
Why Join Us?
If you choose to join us, you will be helping us, but there is lots in it for you too! Here’s just part of what you get by joining the Street Team:
- Immediate Access to the Advanced Reading Copy (digital) of the book. This is the uncorrected proof that is rarely seen outside of the media and publishing industry. While it is cool to be on the “inside,” the bigger value to you is that you can read and benefit from the book now – as one of the very first to read it!
- Access to the Members-Only Facebook Group. This is where we will share the latest about the book and the launch, give you your missions (more on that in a minute), and give you the chance to build a community with other great Street Team members.
- Special Members-Only Lives. Wayne Turmel, my co-author, and I will go live inside the Facebook Group occasionally to share behind-the-scenes updates, share our latest thinking, and answer your questions – only for Street Team Members.
- Special Prizes. As you complete the missions, you will have the chance to win valuable prizes and special bonuses along the way.
- The Long-Distance Teammate Virtual Book Club. Complete all the missions to win free access to the Virtual Book club that in February (a $29 value).
- More! Will there be more? Probably – but I can’t promise (or tell you) what that might be.
Hopefully at this point you are saying, “I’m in!” In order to get these benefits, we ask you to complete a few missions to help us spread the word about this book. You will get the details later but in joining the team, we are asking you to help in these ways:
- Join the Street Team only Facebook Group. That is our hub and headquarters. This is where we will communicate with you, give you your missions, have our live broadcasts, and have some fun too.
- Pre-order a copy of the book. Yes, you will immediately have the uncorrected digital book. But as a member of the Street Team, you are committing to buying at least one copy. You can keep it or choose to share it with someone else.
- Review the book online. Reviews tell online resellers like Amazon that a book matters and helps promote the book in many ways. We’ll ask you to share your honest review of the book at the time of the launch.
- Spread the word in Social media. We will give you some ideas and specific ways to do that – and have some fun, too.
- Share your ideas. If you have other ideas, groups, or ways to promote the book, we will be all ears.
We would love to have your enthusiastic help in promoting our new book. We believe it will help many people have greater success and satisfaction in the short- and long-term as a remote teammate. If you like this idea and are willing to help, you can get signed up and immediately and get access to the Facebook Group here.