Learning is a crucial part of living a life you enjoy. The novel Dune offers a profound observation for you to consider.
“It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”
– author Frank Hebert in the novel Dune
Questions to Ponder
– What do I believe about learning?
– What am I currently learning?
– Decide that you can learn and that it is easy for you.
– Prove it to yourself by learning something today (anything).
– Decide what you could learn to move towards your desired future and set a learning goal.
Learning is a huge part of being human – if you find you aren’t learning as much in life as you’d like, start with your beliefs, then as I suggest above, just get started. One of the best things you can do to improve your health, happiness, and results is to become an intentional learner. Here’s to making today the start of that process.
A note for leaders: As a leader, the importance of learning is doubled. If you want to influence others to be learning at work, the best way is to be learning yourself. Are you setting the example you want others to follow?