Today’s power question “Who will I listen to more carefully and intently today?”
When I wrote it I was thinking about listening from the relationship perspective – who can I consciously build my relationship with, but deciding ahead of time that I will listen to them more intently.
One of the first responses I received said that they were going to listen to their mentors more closely today.
Then the obvious hit me.
Listening provides us with many opportunities. (duh Kevin).
This is never more true than for us as leaders
- Listening is one of your critical leadership communication habits.
- Listening is a relationship building tool.
- Listening is a learning tool.
- Listening is a problem solving tool.
- Listening is an intentional part of your leadership style.
- Listening is a habit.
Sometimes we forget the most important things .
Don’t lose the value of listening.
So let me ask you, – who will you listen to more intently today, and why?
Consider this one of your most important leadership activities today – listen intently. Listen intentionally. Listen.