In today’s episode, I’m discussing the importance of leadership in the education sector, with Dr. Byron Ernest. Dr. Ernest is Head of Schools for Hoosier Academies in Indiana, a virtual/hybrid blended academy that facilitates learning throughout the state to over 4,000 Indiana students K-12. With roles serving on Indiana Education Kitchen Cabinet and the State Board of Education, Byron is considered is an “Energetic Change Agent,” and I know you’ll love our discussion about developing a culture of leadership excellence, regardless of your position.
Listen to the Audio
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Lessons on having a leader’s mindset and what “empowerment” really means
- An intent-based leadership development model
- Lessons on hiring
“For schools to be successful, we must empower teachers to lead.” – Byron Ernest
Let’s get the conversation started with a question that Byron mentions in today’s episode:
In your school or organization, how can you lead from where you are?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Learn more about Byron or follow him on Twitter.
- Check out some of the things Byron recommends reading: Remarkable Leadership by Kevin Eikenberry, Turn that Ship Around by David Marquet, Me, Inc. by Gene Simmons, Triumph of Genius by Ronald K. Fierstein and The Disciplined Leader by John Manning.
- Sign up for our free video training series, 20 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on iTunes. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.