You may have made this fevered pitch for emotional control to someone (or yourself): “Get your emotions under control!” And yet, while you may have wanted to do it, you might not have known how.
Let’s face it, things at work can be frustrating. It could be a Customer yelling at you, a report that someone always seems to mess up, a conflict that has been brewing with a co-worker … I don’t need to go on. You have already thought of at least one situation you deal with that challenges your emotional control.
As humans, we are emotional beings. And while the goal shouldn’t be to become emotion-less, you surely would like to be more calm, cool, and collected at least some of the time.
If I wanted to learn those skills, I would want to learn them from someone who doesn’t just know the theory but applies the concepts themselves. Fortunately, the facilitator for this webinar is the most proficient person I know at doing these things. Guy Harris isn’t just a master communications trainer, he is a master at remaining calm, and keeping his emotions from getting in the way of his communication success.
He has built this webinar to give you some emotion-management skills so you will have less stress, less conflict, and greater communication success.
Here are the specifics of what you will learn:
- What triggers negative emotions.
- The most common emotion you need to worry about.
- Steps you can take to get your emotions under control.
- A simple model for communicating effectively when you are stressed.
- Strategies that will help you buy time in stressful situations.
- A practical model for communicating assertively without coming off as aggressive.
- How “I” statements can help you to effectively diffuse conflict.
- So much more!
Yes, you will be busy, but Guy will guide you through all these ideas, and have time for you to ask your questions too, if you join him live on September 6th and 1:30 pm ET. If that time doesn’t work on your calendar, never fear! You can also purchase an on-demand recording, or have a DVD sent to you.