– we can learn from anyone – and the mark of a lifelong learner is having that belief.
– we can definitely learn from people who have achieved significant things, even if their achievements are in far different fields of endeavor than ours (maybe especially if they are).
With that, a comment form the singer, actress and one-of-those-people-who-only-need-one-name.
“If you really want something, you can figure out how to make it happen.
Questions to Ponder
What do I really want?
How much time have I spent trying to achieve it?
1. Get crystal clear on what you want.
2. Get crystal clear on the benefits you see from achieving it (know your WHY)
3. Try something.
4. When you fail, remind yourself of #2 and try again.
5. Repeat until you achieve success!
Thoughts from Kevin
There is a tremendous leadership lesson in this post, hopefully it is obvious. As leaders we are also achievers, and so this advice should hit home for us personally. As a leader though, we can assist, support and influence people through all of the steps listed above.
When you help people, especially with steps 1, 2, and 4 above, you are serving them in amazing ways. When we provide help with steps 1, 2 and 4 we are doing one of our most important jobs as a leader. This applies to goal setting, coaching, influence and change. As you become more adept at these skills, you are on your journey towards being a Remarkable Leader.
photo courtesy of Cher’s Twitter Account