Today’s quotation comes from this past year’s Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year and perhaps a person everyone will think about or hear about at some point in the next week. Peyton Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks ever, and perhaps this quotation gives us a small insight as to why that is.
While you won’t be playing in the Super Bowl, you do have big moments. Consider his thoughts as you answer the questions and read on.
Questions to Ponder
– When do you feel pressure most often?
– Why do you think that is/ what is the common denominator?
– Knowing that, what could you do to reduce the pressure you feel next time?
1. When facing your next potentially pressure packed situation, prepare more . (Tweet this)
2. Focus on the performance more and the context less.
3. Remember your purpose in the situation and take a deep breath.
This quotation is especially instructive, and I hope you think about it during the coming days as everyone will hear and read about football – even if you aren’t a fan. Peyton is one of the best ever, and of all of the attributes you will hear and read about him, one of the most common is no one prepares more completely than Peyton. In Peyton’s words, he knows what the hell he is doing.
Are you preparing for your pressure packed situations as completely as you could?
Do you know the people around the table?
Have you thought about all the options?
Do you have the relevant data?
If you want to reduce the feeling of pressure and get better results, make sure you know what you are doing; whatever the situation. You probably already knew that, but the question is, are you taking the necessary action to avoid the problem in the future?