It is a nasty-sounding word, and something we all want to avoid. When I think of the word “toxic” I think of the skull and cross bones symbol on the products that we don’t keep under the sink when we have toddlers.
Unfortunately, some people think of their workplace when they think of that word.
If you are a leader in a workplace with toxic fumes – or full-blown toxicity; if you have one or more folks who are creating an environment where it is more than just difficult to work, but even unhealthy, then we have a learning opportunity for you.
There are several things that can create the toxicity you are feeling, and in this session, Guy Harris, a certified instructor in Human Behavior Consulting and Conflict Resolution, will help you overcome the toxicity, and reduce its appearance in the future.
In just 60 minutes, Guy will show you:
- How conflicts escalate and the cost of unresolved conflict
- The key drivers of these behaviors and how to recognize them before it’s too late
- How to stay calm and keep your emotions in check during conflict conversations
- Communication techniques for persuading your “no” employees
- How to effectively confront other people’s bad behaviors
- Tips on defusing the conflict, right from the source
Join us at 1 pm ET on November 29 – or buy the recording in a variety of versions (or attend and buy the recording too). Further details and registration information can be found here.
Toxic isn’t how we want to have our workplace described. This session will help you as a leader create a healthy and more productive workplace.